Release 20170914 - Official QNAP support
Another release, another integration... this week, QNAP NASes get 'blissed up'.
bliss has been customised to run on a number of devices; not just desktop or laptop computers. NAS devices are being increasingly used to store music (and lots of other things else!). QNAP is another one of the major NAS manufacturers, and following some pioneering work I've rolled the QNAP build into the full, official bliss build.
For visitors new to bliss, what is bliss? bliss is not a music player, it's a music organiser for large music collections. In bliss, you define rules against which your music collection is assessed, and potentially fixed (or left for you to confirm a fix). For example, you might define a rule that you want all album art over 500x500 pixels, or all multi-disc albums should have
The QNAP app is packaged in a
.qpkg file. First, download the file:
Then, follow the QNAP music manager installation instructions.
We've worked on a few things for the QNAP app specifically this release:
- Lookup the current version of bliss, and populate it within QTS.
- Populate the initial music folder to
There is one unresolved area: fingerprinting. Audio fingerprinting helps bliss work better, because it enables music to be identified without relying on missing or potentially incorrect existing metadata. However, we don't have a build for QNAP in the current release, so bliss will rely on existing tags. We have opened an issue to have a build for the fingerprinter completed for the Entware software repository, which QNAP devices can be used. Once it's there, any Entware device could use it.
- Better tolerance of errors from OneMusicAPI, and show these errors when refreshing the Linked Releases panel.
- Be careful about using album-level disc numbers when checking tag accuracy.
- Don't send invalid disc numbers in queries.
- When there's a discnumber set but bliss doesn't think there should be one, change button to "remove discnumber".
- Check both 500 fixes topup and unlimited fixes products' links are populated.
- Make sure alternative art shows on the Cover Art Alternatives page.
Downloading and installing
You can download from the downloads page. After you click through, installation instructions are available on the page following download.
In app update will only work for release 20170307 and later. That's because of a fix in 20170307 following the changes introduced in 20170209 which I wrote about in my call for beta testers. Users on older versions should download the latest and install manually, and from then on in-app update should work again.