Release 20140318 - faster cover art alternatives, browse button improvements
Before, two queries were made for cover art, one with the tag information and one with the audio fingerprints. Despite the fact that the former always returned much faster, the results were not displayed until the fingerprint results had also been returned. So I've changed this such that all results are immediately displayed as they are streamed back to bliss.
This means you get cover art alternatives much faster!
Carry on browsin'
I've also made further improvements to the "Browse" button.
Windows users found that only their
C: drive was listed, since I made some big improvements to the UI. Now I've made sure that all mapped drives are listed, such as those drives mapped to network locations.
In addition the Music library fields, populated with your music folders that contain your music files, were being converted from backslash-separated to slash-separated folder paths. This was confusing for Windows users, so I've fixed it so that it obeys the platform conventions.
I also made a load more improvements...
- The automated cover art 'probability' requirement has been relaxed, meaning more matches (it was overly strict since the Discogs change)
- Some prep work for case rules in tags
- I upped the size limit on uploaded cover art to 8MB
- bliss no longer indexes large (>16kb) tag fields
- I fixed a problem saving data to the bliss internal database
- The Inbox page loads faster by ensuring a query for cover art alternatives is not made
Downloading and installing
You can download from the downloads page. After you click through, installation instructions are available on the page following download.
The in-app updater can be used by existing users. You can also download the latest installer and install it "over the top", replacing the current installation. Fixes licences, already purchased, will be retained!