Release 20130131 - faster cover art lookup, genre dropdowns
The first release of 2013 and it's a whopper! bliss's cover art lookup should now be significantly
faster, I've added genre dropdowns and fixed a number of small issues.
Faster cover art lookup
bliss has been ported to use OneMusicAPI for its cover art lookup.
The chief benefit of this is faster cover art lookup, as well as offering slightly better coverage.
The other big improvement are
genre dropdowns. Now, when bliss suggests a genre and you have the
genre consolidation rule enabled,
the other genres are also listed.
Furthermore, the genre text field on the album detail page is now a dropdown when genre consolidation is enabled,
and if you start typing it even auto completes!
- The CSS stylesheet is no longer cached across versions of bliss
- Fixed the bug on Vortexbox (and Fedora) where bliss appears to lose its stylesheet after a few days/weeks running
- Don't attempt to fingerprint WAV files
- Separated the fingerprinter into its own platform specific bundles, making it easier for integrators on other appliances
- Made upgrading via Vortexbox more reliable by removing the felix-cache
- Fixed bug where 'year' couldn't be unchecked in the missing information rule
- Lowered the memory consumption of tag caches making out of memory errors less likely
- Show the album detail page correctly for albums and artist names with a period in the name
- Be more strict about only allowing one assessment per album at once
- Change album detail page to have an edit mode
New users should download the new release from the downloads page.
Existing users can
update bliss from within the application. Updating is improving to the extent it now appears possible
to update without restarting, in most cases. If this doesn't work for you let me know, and
the update appears to break things, here's what to do. You can also download the latest installer and
install it, replacing the current installation.
Your existing fixes will be retained!
Thanks to Viernest for the image above.
By Dan Gravell, February 05, 2013 in bliss