Release - 20161108 - arbitrary file organisation tokens
November 15, 2016 in bliss by Dan Gravell
This release marks the final "clean up" release before I begin on some fairly big, fairly numerous functionality improvements (more about which soon)...
But in addition to the bug fixes, there is one new feature: a new
<tag_field> file organisation token. You can use this in custom file organisation patterns. For example, to organise by record label, you could use the tag_field token as so:
That would give you a file structure like:
Apple/ The_Beatles/ Abbey_Road/... Revolver/... Factory_Records/ Happy_Mondays/... Joy_Division/...
You can replace
record_label with any field that is present in the tags inside your music files. If the field doesn't exist, bliss will complain, but you can also use a conditional to make it optional.
Here's a list of fields you could use that might be useful: Show
album_artist_sort album_sort artist_sort bpm composer composer_sort conductor country encoder key language lyricist mood occasion original_year producer rating record_label tonality
<tag_field> is "whitespace switchable" like other tags - you can use
<tag field> instead to maintain whitespace,
<tag-field> to replace whitespace with hyphens and so on. The examples above replace whitespace with underscores.
There's more stuff!
- If a problem occurs when moving files, undo all moved files for that album and move back to the original location.
- Read MP3 disc numbers with their disc totals.
- Fix the artist count on the artist page.
- Fixed a hang when rescanning.
- Allow multiple trim whitespace rules to be set on the settings page.
- Only trim
COMMENTtags without a sub-id.
- Fixed singular embedded art rule for AIFF.
- Fixed race condition which sometimes showed an error when changing settings.
- Report progress upon scan for new/changed files when starting.
- Show in progress spinner on buttons after an album's compliance has been updated.
- Fixed the placeholder for fields in the album detail page; it was always year before.
Downloading and installing
You can download from the downloads page. After you click through, installation instructions are available on the page following download.
Thanks to mugwumpian for the image above.