This is a bug-fix-and-small-UI-improvements kind-of release. There are some important fixes for users of the duplicate tracks rules, and as an experiment I’ve moved in-app chat into the main app.
As an experiment I’ve moved a chat widget into the main app (before it was just on the setup page). When I’m running office hours you can chat to me (Dan!) live - the rest of the time there’s an option to send an email.
I thought this would be a good way of gathering more feedback about how people use bliss.
New inbox improvements
The beta for the “New Inbox” continues - we’ve received lots of good feedback, and so in this release:
- No more horizontal scrolling; problems with lots of alternative fixes are now a collapsible panel:
- Don’t show the old Inbox when the New Inbox is enabled.
- Make sure Total fixes updates as categories are chosen.
- The Fix all button has been renamed to make it clearer clicking it doesn’t immediately fix anything.
Other stuff includes:
- The macOS version now ships with Java 11 and is fully notarized.
- Don’t allow double clicks on Apply rules.
- Add a rule is now clickable on narrow screens on the setup page, when rules are already added.
- Make sure the setup page looks nice under 1024x width screen.
- Show a better message when a renewal licence is installed without an existing licence.
- Fixed provide URL/upload file features.
- When assessing correctness for names that are wholly punctuation (e.g. Billie Eilish’s !!!!!!!) never ignore the punctuation.
Downloading and installing
You can download from the downloads page.
After you click through, installation instructions are available on the page following download.
Thanks to Joshua Ness for the image above.