The main work in this release has been honing all the rough edges of the new settings page. The last build's release notes listed some known issues; these have all been fixed:
- Adding a new rule doesn't overwrite edited or previously added rules.
- The image format rule doesn't show "UNKNOWN" from image format descriptions.
- When the image format rule is enabled we always show it.
- The cover art filename text field is fixed on Safari.
- If the default maximum resolution value is accepted, it is now correctly saved.
- The genre list is fixed to display properly in the add rule dialog.
- The missing tags and cover art filename rule can co-exist happily.
In addition "hints" have been added to the "blank slate" page for finding the music folder, and we noticed an oversight where embedded art couldn't be "ignored", so have made that possible.
I'm aiming to promote the page as the standard settings page for the next version. Please let me know any issues you find, either by email or the form on the settings page. Thanks to everyone who has submitted feedback already, it has been really helpful.
- The "Back to top" button had been nudged a little to avoid it getting in the way of other links.
For the next release we're back to more general improvements along with the (hopeful) promotion of the settings page!
Downloading and installing
You can download from the downloads page. After you click through, installation instructions are available on the page following download.
Thanks to Fancycrave for the image above.