August 18, 2016 in bliss by Dan Gravell
In last week's mega-release, including a completely new UI for bliss, there was always likely to be a few niggly problems introduced.
So here's a small release with a few items to iron out some imperfections in the last release.
One obvious improvement to call out is our new genre consolidation control. I've never been that happy with the old twin list. This new control is hopefully more elegant and more usable:
What else is fixed?
- Updated the logos used in the installer, splash screen, System Tray etc.
- Show the progress indicator when first viewing the change art screen.
- When editing an album with no year/genre, populates the field correctly.
- Fix the album page when the tag type rule is enabled.
- Don't show the page loader indicator when long-polling comet requests are occurring.
- Truncate long buttons in the Inbox.
- Show errors in configuration after applying rules.
Downloading and installing
You can download from the downloads page. After you click through, installation instructions are available on the page following download.
If you are using Windows and you don't know whether your version of Java is version 7 or later, in app update is not recommended when updating from version 20151013 or earlier, because bliss now requires Java 7 or later. The Windows installer now bundles Java 8, and so download of the full installer is recommended.
Thanks to sebilden for the image above.